Create a Permanent, Natural Looking Smile
Perfect Your Smile With Natural Looking Dental Implants in Fishers, IN
A smile with missing or damaged teeth almost always negatively impacts your confidence and daily life. Although dentures or bridgework can provide a quick remedy, there are many patients who are unable or unwilling to choose these options. Moore-Berry Dentistry, Inc. offers a more permanent solution to missing or damaged teeth — dental implants! Fishers, IN residents as well as those from the surrounding Indianapolis areas can now have the perfect smile they have always wanted.
What is Implant Dentistry?
Implant dentistry is a surgical procedure in which a damaged or missing tooth is replaced with an artificial root and tooth. The procedure is invasive and completed in several stages. The entire process can take 6 to 9 months.
Because of the extensive nature of implant surgery and osseointegration, not all patients are good candidates for the procedure. Below are some qualifications for ideal dental implant candidates:
- in good physical and oral health
- have sufficient jawbone mass
- have healthy, disease-free gums
- are unable to wear dentures
- have one or more missing teeth
How Does Dental Implant Surgery Work?
Once Dr. Brent Moore or Dr. Josh Berry has decided that you’re a good candidate for implant dentistry, there are several steps involved in the process.
- Comprehensive Dental Exam. This exam will begin the process. During this exam, your dentist will take x-rays and make molds of your mouth and teeth. He will also explain the entire procedure and answer any of your questions.
- Tooth Removal. If the damaged tooth has not yet been removed, Dr. Moore or Dr. Berry will remove the tooth.
- Local Anesthetic/IV Sedation. Depending on your needs, Dr. Moore will use local anesthetic or IV sedation before inserting the artificial root. Dr. Moore is experienced in sedation dentistry and is one of the only dentists in the state of Indiana licensed for IV sedation.
- Inserting Artificial Root. A hole is cut in the gum to expose the bone. Holes are then drilled into the bone and the artificial root (usually a screw, cylinder or blade) is inserted into the bone. This step may take several months, as the bone must fuse with the artificial root to create a solid base.
- Implant Extension and Artificial Tooth. Once your jawbone has healed and grown around the artificial root, an extension must be connected to the root. This step may require additional minor surgery and a few extra weeks of healing. Once the extension is in place, your dentist will make additional molds of your teeth to create your artificial tooth (crown). Once created, the crown is attached to the root. Depending on your needs, the crown may be permanent or removable.
Because each patient’s needs vary, the process can be different for everyone. Dr. Josh Berry or Dr. Brent Moore will create a specialized treatment plan for you to ensure a smooth, anxiety-free experience and a permanent, more natural looking fix for missing teeth. Rest assured, Moore-Berry Dentistry, Inc. will take care of your specific needs for dental implants. Fishers, IN residents in the area should stop by our office or call (317) 348-1354 for more information.